London Undiscovered may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend you check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy comes into effect from January 2016.
What information do we collect?
The following information may be collected:
- Information relevant to customer surveys comments, competitions and/or offers
How do we use the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and improve quality of service, and also for the following reasons:
- We may periodically send you some promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think might be of interest to you using the email address which you have provided.
- For market research purposes. We may contact you by email. Your feedback will help us customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, data breaches or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard your data.
A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your computer in the form of a file, to facilitate access to restricted areas and to monitor site usage. Cookies are used to store a unique reference number for each visitor to the website, which allows one visitor to be distinguished from another.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. That information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
To summarise, these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
Cookies can be accepted or declined by changing your browser settings. However, if you decline them, this may negatively affect your browsing experience.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you subscribed to our newsletter, you can decide to unsubscribe at any time by writing to us at: email@example.com
NB: Please, note that by agreeing to receive correspondence from us or if you contact us by email, you also agree to be signed up to our weekly newsletter.
We would like to make it clear that London Undiscovered will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without written consent (unless we are required by law to do so). We may, however, share your personal data in some rare circumstances and with some carefully selected partners.
This website has been designed to give you some general information about London.
You recognise you are solely responsible for the use you make of the information you take from this website.
The information provided is based both on our personal experiences and researches.
While we make every effort to ensure its accuracy and completeness, it is provided on a ‘best efforts’ basis so must be regarded as purely indicative. Accordingly, we and our partners are unable to neither give guarantees of any sort for its accuracy nor accept responsibility for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Likewise, we explicitly confirm we cannot accept responsibility for consequential losses, however caused, due to reliance upon it.
We reserve the right to modify content of this site in any way at any time without notice.
This website is the property of London Undiscovered. All content provided on the site is the property of London Undiscovered or its partners and is protected by copyrights and trademarks. The content may be downloaded for your personal use only (no business use is allowed).
INTERRUPTION OF ACCESS
London Undiscovered uses the public internet, and third party connectivity and storage to provide this website on a free-of-charge basis. Accordingly, it is impossible to guarantee both its continuous and instantaneous availability. While we and our providers do everything possible to ensure the site is free of viruses, the user must take their own precautions to protect their own computer equipment.
All terms and conditions pertaining to the use of the London Undiscovered site are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and any dispute concerning its use will be determined by English Courts, exclusively.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) is found to be invalid, the other parts of the T&Cs will still be valid.
Competition Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, London Undiscovered is also referred to as “the promoter” or “the company”.
You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions if you enter the competition.
The promoter is: London Undiscovered.
You are not permitted to enter the competition if you are:
- an employee of London Undiscovered
- a family member of a London Undiscovered employee
- connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition
- No purchase or no fee is required to enter this competition.
- Closing date and time for entry will be indicated on a competition advert. This will be based on London (United Kingdom) time (= GMT time). No entry will be permitted after this date and time.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason (including but not limited to internet connection issues).
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice under exceptional circumstances such as but not limited to: war, catastrophe, strike, illness, event outside the promoter’s control etc. The promoter will seek to notify entrants as soon as possible.
- Only web entries will be accepted
- The promoter cannot be held responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any third party in connection with this competition.
- The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. If a prize becomes unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random amongst the entrants.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the competition closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect to all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Manipulation of services
- The promoter is committed to operating competitions fairly and to preventing abuse of its systems, as well as those of its partners.
- For the reason stated just above, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if they have reasonable grounds to suspect, having regard to all the circumstances and information available at the relevant time, based on any of the following reasons:
- activity has occurred that is designed to excessively manipulate the outcome of the competition; or
- entries have been made in breach of these terms and conditions; or
- there has been any activity which the promoter consider is designed to unfairly influence the competition and/or provide an unfair advantage to the entrant including without limitation use of automated technology; or the making or disguising of multiple entries (more than one) by an individual entrant using multiple different details.
- If we determine that an individual has attempted to unfairly influence or manipulate a competition then in addition to disqualification we may ban that individual from future competitions.
In relation to all competitions promoted by the promoter:
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your consumer rights.
- You agree to reimburse the promoter for any losses suffered by the promoter resulting from the breach of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter cannot be held liable for any items damaged during transportation or otherwise.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Privacy – Contact details and further information
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and can be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By entering the competition, you agree to be added to our mailing list. You can opt out of the mailing list at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com or by unsubscribing from our newsletters by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided on any newsletter.
- We may send you marketing messages. By choosing to interact with our services by SMS text message, you will be indicating that you consent to receiving marketing communications from us via SMS text message in respect of similar products and services. You can avoid receiving these communications by adding NO INFO at the end of your SMS message. You may opt out of receiving further marketing at any time by texting STOP to one of our entry short codes. Texting STOP will cost one standard network rate message.
- The Promoter and/or the prize provider may send personal data of participants to an interactive service to third parties outside the EEA (European Economic Area), for the purposes of administering the competition and by entering the competition you agree to such transfer for these purposes.
- By taking part in the competition you agree to participate in any publicity at the promoter’s request if you are the winner of a competition. You agree that the promoter (or any third party nominated by the promoter) may use the winner’s and (if applicable) their companion’s name and image and comments relating to the prize and their experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
- If you are the winner of a competition or prize draw you agree that the promoter may list your name and location on the winners’ page of the London Undiscovered website(s) and London Undiscovered may publish or announce your name and location elsewhere.